Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello fam, sounds like all is good. Mom sorry you're sick, that's no good. But here's my week. BEAR WITH ME it’s a wild one... Not really.... kinda.... anyways…

            Ya so I’ll start with New Year. It was good ya know.... had some lunch and dinner appointments so New Years was fun... We couldn't sleep-- it was too loud with all the fireworks haha.. Funny thing about the fireworks here is like they are just dynamite. They aren't even fireworks-- they just explode and like thousands of people die each year but no one cares here. They just get hammered drunk and do stupid stuff on holidays haha... 
             New years day we met these guys one in particular was named Max, he's from Canada and he and his like hood boys (he's black) are making a resort here so we met them on the Jeepeny and he's just talking to us and he's way hilarious but you could tell he was trying to argue with us. So he'd be like "What are you guys doing here?" and we said like the typical "Oh spreading the good word" LOR something stupid like that then he's like "No, I know you. I was you. You guys were drop outs and did drugs and stuff and tried to change your life around" and we are like “uhhhh nope.” So he was way wrong but anyways we were just talking and he's trying to like argue a little but in a funny way, than he ended up saying like alright, here's my number, call me and we will set up an appointment... So ya we are going to hopefully start teaching him, he's like Muslim or something..
             Ya.. then we met this girl named Divina and she's like 14 she lives with her grandparents who are members so we taught her and gave her an IBD and she came to church so HOPEFULLY we can close the deal but I am very bad at closing the deal on baptisms haha... 
            Than I went to like this leadership thing with all like the "leaders: or potential prospects for leadership on the mission” and it was like a training for us and I just slept the whole time. We just got chastised for how low our stats are.. But it was alright. The new assistant to the president is Elder Tanner!!! My zone leader back in Baguio! I’m so stoked haha.. 
            Then the next day we were just out walking to an appointment and I get a call from the other AP, Elder Sison, and he's like, “we have a special assignment for you” and I was like... "heh" then he's like, “you are taking Elder (confidential) spot as a district leader and I thought he was talking about next transfer which is in like a week and a half so I said when? Then he's like "as of yesterday" so ya, I figured out what happened… so Bacnotan A and B  did fireworks and other stuff that's forbidden (like... bad stuff) as well as a lot of other Elders in our zone, (remember how I was talking about how I couldn't stand the other Bacnotan Elders?) ya so they got really really in trouble, and so one of them was a DL, so he got dropped and now I’m the DL of that district even though I was never even in that district.. But ya that's that. It was a crazy week.
             Than sister Belle, long story short, she wouldn't answer our calls and she wasn't at work (the palengke was were she worked and we would visit her sometimes, she's an investigator) so we went to her house last night and she was there with her fam... It was kinda awkwaard cause she didn't answer our calls but I got over it. Then we taught the restoration and turns out she got fired and stuff, so we just tried to make her feel better and now all is good…

Ya so that's that... okay bye.

-Elder Jones






No comments:

Post a Comment